Christmas Spice Macarons
Yield: Approximately 24 Cookies
As shared By
For The Shell
- 2 1/3 cups (250 g) tant pour tant (equal parts almond meal and powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp. (4 g) Christmas spice
- ½ cup (112 g) caster sugar
- 5 Tbsp. (37 g) water
- 25 (40 g) egg whites (1)
- 5 (42 g) egg whites (2)
For The Amarula Ganache
- 1 Tbsp. (16 g) butter
- 2 oz. (175 g) white chocolate
- 5 ½ Tbsp. (84 g) 35% liquid cream
- 2 Tbsp. (28 g) of Amarula Cream Liqueur
Cooking: 150°C for 14 min.
- Sift the tant pour tant and Christmas spice in a bowl.
- Heat the sugar and the water to make a syrup (until it reaches 118°C).
- Simultaneously, whip up the egg whites (2) stiff.
- Pour the sugar syrup slowly over the egg whites to make the meringue. Let it cool until it reaches 37°C. In a bowl, add the other egg whites and make a first dough. Add the meringue in two parts, over the first dough and mix until you have a good texture.
- Poach using a plain nozzle.
- Let it make a crust and cook.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a bowl.
- Boil the cream and pour over the chocolate/butter mixture. Smooth with a stand mixer and add the Amarula liquor. Place in the fridge and leave to set.
- Once your dough shell has cooled, form your duo of shells by making two half shells of the same size.
- Temper the ganache, poach it on half a shell. Assemble the macaron with the remaining half shell. For better tasting, leave the macarons in the refrigerator for 24 hours, tightly closed.