As shared By
Goûter by RA
- 1 2/3 cups (220 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp. (70 g) fine almond powder
- 2 tsp. (10 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5.7 g) salt
- 1/3 cup (85 g) room temperature butter
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (140 g) almonds
- 6 Tbsp. (90 g) Amarula Cream Liqueur
- 1/3 cup (50 g) dried apricots
- 1/3 cup (50 g) pitted dates
- Chop the apricots, the dates, and the almonds, mix and soak in the Amarula. Leave to rest for at least 1h.
- In a bowl mix the flour, almond powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar using a spatula until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time making sure they’re well incorporated. Keep mixing until fluffy. Incorporate the flour-almond powder-baking powder-salt mixture one tablespoon at a time. Once evenly combined add the soaked almonds, apricots, and dates and the Amarula.
- Flour a work surface, pour the biscotti mix on the table, shaping it like a log (3” wide).
- Let it rest in the refrigerator overnight wrapped in saran wrap.
- The next day preheat the oven to 325F, then bake for 20 minutes (or until it starts to brown lightly).
- Take out of the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- With a bread knife cut the log in slices of roughly 2cm width.
- Lay on its side on a parchment paper.
- Put back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once fully cooked take out of the oven and allow to cool down.
Optional: Melt some white chocolate and dip the biscotti halfway.
Suggested pairing: with Amarula Cream Liqueur on the rocks.